Sunday 10 September 2017

Back to the Brushes 135

Another session on the Sassanid archers for Basic Impetus shown below. Trousers and shoes so not a huge amount of progress.


At this point toying with the idea of introducing a new format to basing; instead of dedicated 120 x 60 mm bases looking at using 60 x 60 mm bases to offer more opportunity to use the figures with other systems than Impetus.

On the subject of basing; some progress on sabot bases for Vikings in Basic Impetus shown below. The matches are glued down with wood glue and then the raised edge will be contoured with modelling clay or similar before the usual texturing for basing


Its only an idea at present however, this would allow dabbling with Hail Caesar and Swordpoint, suppose the final decision will be made at the time of basing.

Cheers for now

6 comments:

Jonathan Freitag said...

1x120x60 vs 2x60x60 should make no difference. I do like the look and ease of moving a single block of figures as one BMU, though. I recently moved in the opposite direction of rebasing 2x60x80 chariots to 1x120x80 with one chariot and infantry support. I like the new look and I can field double the number of chariots.

tradgardmastare said...

Figures looking good and a most interesting basing idea worth pursuing I think.
Alan

caveadsum1471 said...

What I tried for impetus/skirmish when I had square based individual figures was cutting the squares out of balsa so that you have something to work with,I've tried building up for some of my round (1p) figures and it just took a lot of time, so I'm planning on drilling out balsa or maybe something slightly harder for my custom bases.
Best Iain

roma912 said...

Hi Jonathan,
I know what you mean about moving single stands over multiple stands. Will see what the future brings.

Cheers, Ross

roma912 said...

Thanks Alan

roma912 said...

Warbases make sabot bases for 1p or 20mm round bases. I have just never gotten round to looking into them for round or squares.

Cheers, Ross